Unknown Pleasures:
Really depressing music. But finding the beauty in that depression makes the album what it is. From Hooky's simple, yet insanely catchy bass lines, to Sumner's simple, yet insanely catchy riffs/solos, to the pulsating sound of gloom and doom that Morris' drum kit expelled. And then that voice, the voice of the grim reaper calling. Ian Curtis changed singing the same way Dylan did. White Lies, you could do well by learning from them. A+
Closer:
I feel saddened when I listen to this, because I know he already did it. But just by listening to this album, you know there's something off with that fellow. The album comes very close to matching the debut in quality, so it's damn near perfect. A+
Substance:
The definitive compilation of Joy Division, only 1 out of the 17 songs here appear on one of their two studio albums. "Transmission", "Love Will Tear Us Apart", and "Atmosphere" rank among their best. A+
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment